Wallas 30GB Marine Diesel Heater (3kw)
This GB is a 3.2kw diesel fired hot air heater suitable for running a dry heating system (ducting and vents). This listing is for the main heater only. We do list an example offshore and inshore heating kit, but specify and make up a specific kit to suit your needs
What is different about the new model?
The new 30GB offers increased heating power and greater air volume for boat owners. More heating power means you can heat up your boat faster, saving power and fuel with shorter heating time.
A new, more powerful brushless motor gives higher efficiency to the heater and better moisture management. Improving on the features of the 30DT, the new 30GB moves more air, improving ventilation and fresh air flow.
With its new laminar flow burner and new software, the 30GB can work wit todays road and boat diesels (EN590) but also with future renewable (HVO 15940) and blended (B10 EN 16734, B20/B30 EN 16709) bio road diesels. This means this new model is ready for fuels being developed for the future. The new burner has ultra low emissions, including very low CO2 and NOx levels.
Outside dimensions, controls and connectivity are the same as the old models. So upgrading to the latest version is quick and easy.
Wallas 30GB diesel heater (and mounting bracket)
Plastic piping and filter (to suit offshore only)
We can supply ducting and other parts needed to put together a full kit (for either offshore or inland). This is at extra cost and not included in this listing.
Why buy a Wallas?
There are three main reasons to buy a Wallas heating system over its competitors:
- Quality and Reliability - The laminar burn process is extremely tolerant of the somewhat dubious quality fuels we get on the waterways, and as a true marine heater its non-ferrous construction and superior build quality is the foundation for years of faithful service.
- Efficiency - The 12v consumption of the DT range is extremely low, and the fuel consumption is fantastic, heating your boat need'nt cost a fortune!
- Quiet Running - The laminar burn process is alot quieter than other diesel heating products, you dont get that "jet engine" noise that annoys you and any neighbouring boats.
Specifications and Dimensions
We will be uploading the brochure soon, we would be very happy to send you a PDF via email in the meantime should you wish. Please feel free to get in touch if you require any literature regarding the Wallas range of products (heating and cooking).
Dimensions of heater
424mm Long x 140mm Wide x 278mm H
Room sealed / Balanced flue combustion
Heat output = 1kw - 3.2kw
Diesel Fuel consumption = 0.1 - 0.33 litres/hr
Rated voltage = 12v
Rated current for 12v = 1 - 2A
Airflow = 61 - 103 m3 per hour
Air ducting diameter = 75mm
Exhaust diameter = 28mm inner, 45mm outer
Control panel functionality
|Control panel Operation|
Smooth, intelligent PI thermo control option
|Wallas PI-thermo control adjusts the heater to heat up fast and after that it keeps the effect of the heater even to assure smooth cabin temperature without any changing blowing noises.|
Manual control option
|The heater can alternatively be controlled by simple rheostat in manual control mode.|
|Two step air boost||
To enhance cabin drying, the main blower speed can be elevated independent of the heating power setting using the air boost function.
|Fresh air ventilation||During warm days it is handy to blow fresh air into the cabin without heating, using the Ventilation feature.|
The Sun Switch feature reduces energy use by automatically stopping the heater when weather conditions elevate cabin temperature. The Sun Switch will shut the heater down if cabin temperatures dwell above 3 degrees C above the thermostatic set point for more than 30 minutes.
Accidental start stop feature
Accidental heater starts or stops are prevented by a two second start/stop button delay
Please note that the control panel is supplied with a bezel so it can either be flush or surface mounted.
- The Wallas 30GB is a room sealed product. It draws combustion air down the outer skin of the exhaust tubing (from the skin fitting), then after the combustion process expels it out through the inner skin of the exhaust tubing (out the skin fitting). This means that it is not using an air form within the boat.
- The combustion air inlet / exhaust outlet can be seen on the top side of the heater in the centre.
- The circulation air (that is heated and blown into the cabin) is drawn into the two large holes on one end of the heater, over the heat exchanger and then blown out the two large holes at the other end of the heater. The Wallas is deliberatley designed so that it can be mounted either way round, therefore you can position the heater to face the correct way, rather than have to pass ducting 180 degrees back on itself.
- If you do not wish the circulation air to be drawn from the space in which the heater is mounted, we can provide an "inlet kit". This is a length of ducting and a stainless steel grill for bulkhead mounting. Please note that you would need two of these kits if you wish the heater to draw circulation air from a completely separate space to where it is mounted.
When installing a Wallas 22GB, 30GB or 40GB you will need to run ducting around the boat / cabin to position outlets and hence distribute the heat.
Inland waterways considerations
Wallas heaters use a top mounted dip pipe fuel take off (when drawing from the main tank). Therefore access to the top of the tank is neccessary (side access is possible, please ask for details),
All fuel pipe to pass BSS regulations will need to be copper or ISO7840 rated rubber,
Exhaust positioning, fuel supply and 12v supply will all be subject to BSS regulations,
One of our (Ely Boat Chandlers) members of staff is an independant Boat Safety Scheme examiner and would be happy advise a customer regarding BSS regulations relating to fitment of a Wallas 30GB (or alternative model). Fitment of a marine diesel heater sounds problematic, but if you follow the installation manual provided and take account of BSS regulations it is pretty simplistic compared to many other DIY installations carried out by boatowners
How to order
How to order
We have two payment methods for mailorder:
You can pay online with your card via SagePay, we will then call you prior to despatching the item to answer any questions you may have and confirm the delivery method and timescale. OR you can pay via telephone as explained below:
- At Ely Boat Chandlers we are a family run business dedicated to getting the right products to you, so give us a call and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Give us a call on 01353 663095, our opening times are shown on the website. If we aren't open then leave us a message or email us and we would be more than happy to call you back as soon as possible.
- We will talk you through any questions you may have or any further information you require.
- We can take safe and secure payment over the phone using a debit or credit card.
- We take down your details and organise a courier to deliver the stove to the address you specify.
*We reserve the right to refuse free delivery in exceptional circumstances
Choosing the right heating system
Choosing the right Heating System