BF 2.3hp outboard (four-stroke, short-shaft) SCHU
Summer campaign - all discounts included!
The engine has a sleek new hood design and a 12% larger fuel tank, other than that it is the same robust, reliable best selling engine we love. Please note - the engine shown in the picture is a short shaft, we are awaiting imagery of the new long shaft
- Model: BF2.3 SCHU
- Horsepower: 2.3 (for rated horsepower please see Honda UK's website)
- Control Method: Tiller (twist grip throttle), 360 degree pivot
- Shaft Length: Short (please see our FAQ page to see which shaft length you will need for your boat)
- Engine: Four stroke, single cylinder
- Gears: Forward, Neutral (centrifugal clutch so twist and go!)
- Cooling Method: Air cooled
- Starting Method: Manual Recoil
- Charging coil: N/A
- Weight: 12.7kg
Honda BF 2.3
Honda BF2.3 SCHU outboard Motor
Being the baby of the Honda Marine range, and the replacement for the Honda BF2 (Honda 2hp outboard) this engine has a lot of reputation to live up to, but with Honda, size and price does not mean a compromise in quality or performance!.
The Honda BF2.3 is an incredibly popular and user friendly little engine, and we believe it offers the following advantages:
The Honda 2.3hp outboard weighs only 12.7kg, so it's light enough for virtually all the family to take on and off the boat, it's a truly portable 4-stroke.
Being a four stroke the Honda 2.3 runs off standard unleaded fuel (the same as you put in your car), so no more mixing of fuel, a smoky exhaust and high fuel consumption.
A twist grip throttle, and 360 degree movement makes this outboard extremely easy to use. Simply twist and go!. A big advantage is that when released the throttle will return to idle and the engine will drop out of gear, which is of enormous benefit if the engine is for use by children.
The motor is air cooled. That means no more impeller changes, and no raw sea or river water going through the engine. In our experience a large cause of small engines becoming uneconomical to repair is cooling water problems, with the honda BF2.3 you'll never have that worry!.
Honda offer a class leading 6 year warranty for domestic use (subject to getting the engine serviced each year at any Honda marine dealer).
How do I buy one?
How do I mail order one?
Ely Boat Chandlers are a Honda marine sales, service and repair dealership, buying an engine from us means you are getting the benefit of our experience of outboard engines new and old, so you can be confident we will advise you to the best of our ability on which Honda product will best meet your needs.
We have two methods of payment you can use when shopping online with us:
- Give us a call on 01353 663095 or 01353 640008, our opening times are shown on the website. If we aren't open then leave us a message or email us and we would be more than happy to call you back as soon as possible, or put an order through on the website leaving your full details, we will then contact you .
- We will talk you through any questions you may have or any further information you require.
- We can take safe and secure payment over the phone using a debit or credit card.
- We take down your details and organise a courier to deliver the outboard to the address you specify.
What checks are made before your outboard is delivered?
- We pre-delivery-inspect the engine. This involves filling the engine with oil and fuel, running it to ensure everything is set up and working exactly right. Then we suck the fuel and oil out as it can't remain in the engine during courier delivery.
- We register the outboard motor to you, so your warranty is up and running straight away.
- We re-box the outboard.
What will I need to do when it arrives?
You will simply need to refill the oil sump (how to do this is detailed in the user manual, but we can talk you through this should you require help). We can supply you with a tub of relevant oil for delivery with the engine upon request.
It is important that the correct grade of oil (SAE 10W-30) is used in your Honda 2.3 SCHU. It is no more expensive than other grades, and is the oil your engine was designed to use (failure to use the correct oil may invalidate your warranty).
Servicing and Warranty
You will be able to get your Honda 2hp outboard motor serviced or repaired at any Honda Marine dealer.